Over/Under 1.5 Goals is a popular football bet used mainly in accumulator bets. The odds on Over 1.5 Goals are usually very short, meaning you would need to put them in an accumulator to get any value. While if you back Unders, you will usually get good odds.
Best Football Betting Sites
Over 1.5 Goals Means
A bet on Over 1.5 Goals is a bet on there being 2 goals or more scored in the match. Winning scorelines would be 1-1, 2-0, 0-2, 3-1, 4-2, 6-0, 7-1, etc. Any scoreline with 2 goals or more in would win.
Under 1.5 Goals Means
If you have a bet on Under 1.5 goals, then you would need less than 2 goals to be scored to win. So winning scorelines would be 0-0, 1-0, or 0-1.
This is a 90 minutes (plus stoppage time) bet only. So if a match goes to 30 minutes extra time (like in cup ties), the extra time wouldn’t count. The 90 minutes scoreline is used to determine the outcome of the bet.
Over/Under 1.5 Goals Spread Betting
The main spread betting firm on football is Sporting Index. They have a Total Goals spread betting market, but not a specific 1.5 Goals market. The Total Goals market is the only goals market available and is generally based on around the 3 goals mark (for the average match).
For example, you can Sell at 2.9 Goals, or Buy at 3.10 Goals. Selling at 2.9 would be a bet on Under 3 Goals, while Buying at 3.10 would be a bet on 4 goals or more.
Over/Under 1.5 Goals Betting Odds
The odds on Over 1.5 Goals are fairly short, they are generally about 2/9 for the average football match, and a lot shorter for a match involving a team like Barcelona or Bayern Munich.
To make money from these odds, you would probably need to pick a few matches you expect will have goals, and put them in an accumulator bet.
The odds on Under 1.5 Goals are usually around the 11/4 to 3/1 mark. Again, if teams like Barcelona and Real Madrid are involved, these odds will be a good bit longer.
At odds of 11/4 or 3/1, you can place single bets at half decent odds. An Under 1.5 goals double or treble would represent a very good payout.
What We Offer At Football Gambler
- Football Betting Predictions – here at Football Gambler we offer weekly free football betting predictions on the Premier League.
We also cover the Champions League, World Cup, European Championships, and international qualifiers.
- Football Betting Systems – we also strive to find the best football betting systems that actually work.
Believe it or not, there are football betting systems that do profit over time. And they aren’t necessarily what or how you would expect.
- Women’s Football Betting – the women’s game is booming, and here at Football Gambler we see it as an exciting new betting market place.
We will bring you football betting predictions on the Women’s Super League, and Women’s Champions League. And every 4 years, we have the FIFA Women’s World Cup.
- Spread Betting Explained – ever thought about betting on football – and sports in general – in a different way? Well, football spread betting could be your alternative, and it works on other sports as well.
We have a spread betting explained page that gives you all the help and advice you need for spread betting. Enabling you to get started with spread betting on the Premier League.
- Best Football Betting Sites – a good football betting website has to offer more than just odds on weekend matches. So these days good football betting sites have to improvise and work harder to keep existing customers.
This means the best betting sites need to have competitive offers for existing customers. These offers should include enhanced odds, and money back specials on big matches.