Betting on the 90 minutes market in football is having a bet on who you think will win that particular football match. A 90 minutes bet includes stoppage time, but not extra-time.
A bet on 90 minutes is the most popular in football betting, and is the first odds you will see on any football match when you visit any bookmaker’s website.
What Is 90 Minutes In Football Betting Terms?
There are three possible outcomes on 90 minutes betting. They are home win, draw, or away win. The bookmakers can describe 90 minutes football betting in numerous different ways.
These can be 1X2 betting, Win/Draw/Win, or Home/Draw/Away, depending on which bookie you use.
90 minutes betting is a bet on who you think will win in normal regular time. What this means is, 90 minutes plus stoppage time.
Stoppage time is the few minutes that get added onto nearly every football match, it is NOT extra time.
90 Minutes Betting In The League
If you have a 90 minutes bet in the league, the bookmakers will pay out on the result at the end of the match.
For example, if a match is 1-0 to Manchester United at 90 minutes, but their opponents (Liverpool) equalise in the 94th minute (stoppage time), then it is classed as a 1-1 draw.
The fact that United were leading 1-0 on 90 minutes is irrelevant. It is the result at the end of the match that determines the outcome of the bet, and that would be 1-1.
Difference Between Stoppage Time And Extra-Time
Extra-time doesn’t occur in league matches, only stoppage time. The only time you will get extra-time is in cup competitions, ie, the World Cup, FA Cup, etc, etc.
Stoppage time can occur in every football match, both league and cup. It is added on when the clock gets to 90 minutes.
Stoppage time is added on for a combination of injuries, substitutions, goal celebrations, and general delays. It is only generally for about 3 to 5 minutes.
Extra-time is an extra 30 minutes that is played at the end of 90 minutes. It involves the referee blowing the whistle to end the match, and restarting the match. The 30 minutes extra-time is played over 2 halves of 15 minutes.
- Football Betting Predictions – here at Football Gambler we offer weekly free football betting predictions on the Premier League.
We also cover the Champions League, World Cup, European Championships, and international qualifiers.
- Football Betting Systems – we also strive to find the best football betting systems that actually work.
Believe it or not, there are football betting systems that do profit over time. And they aren’t necessarily what or how you would expect.
- Women’s Football Betting – the women’s game is booming, and here at Football Gambler we see it as an exciting new betting market place.
We will bring you football betting predictions on the Women’s Super League, and Women’s Champions League. And every 4 years, we have the FIFA Women’s World Cup.
- Spread Betting Explained – ever thought about betting on football – and sports in general – in a different way? Well, football spread betting could be your alternative, and it works on other sports as well.
We have a spread betting explained page that gives you all the help and advice you need for spread betting.
- Best Football Betting Sites – a good football betting website has to offer more than just odds on weekend matches. So these days good football betting sites have to improvise and work harder to keep existing customers.
This means the best betting sites need to have competitive offers for existing customers. These offers need to include enhanced odds, and money back specials on big matches.