Over/Under 3.5 Goals is popular in football betting, but what is over/under 3.5 goals meaning?
Subscribe To My Substack Football Weekly Newsletter here and receive my Premium Football Tips
- Over 3.5 goals meaning; 4 or more total goals are scored by both teams combined in a match. ie, 4, 5, 6, 8, 10, etc total goals.
- Under 3.5 goals meaning; less than 4 total goals are scored by both teams combined in a match. ie, 0, 1, 2, or 3 goals in total.
It is a 90 minutes only bet, meaning extra-time and penalty shoot-outs are not included.
Over 3.5 Goals Meaning
For Over 3.5 to win, 4 goals or more need to be scored in a match. Winning score lines on a over 3.5 goals bet are 2-2, 3-2, 2-3, 3-3, 4-0, 0-4, 4-1, 2-5, etc. While scores of 1-1, 2-1. 0-0, would lose, as they are under.
Under 3.5 Goals Meaning
Under 3.5 goals means 3 goals or less are scored in a 90 minutes football match. A winning bet on under 3.5 would be on scorelines like 0-0, 1-0, 1-1, 0-1, 2-0, 0-2, 2-1, 1-2, 3-0, 0-3. Meaning any scoreline like 3-3, would be a losing bet as it would be over 3.5 goals.
Over Under 3.5 Goals Odds Explained
The odds on Over 3.5 are usually around the 15/8 to 2/1 mark. When high scoring teams like Manchester City are playing, the odds are shorter.
The odds on Under 3.5 are generally around the 4/11 mark. In a match with two defensive teams involved, the odds will be shorter. They will be around 2/9.
Over 3.5 Goals Examples
- Manchester United are at home to Manchester City, and you are expecting goals. So you have a bet on Over 3.5 goals. The match finishes as a 2-2 draw, so your bet is a winner.
- On the same day Liverpool are at home to Crystal Palace. The Reds are flying, and with the advantage of playing at Anfield, you think they will win easily, scoring 4 goals or more as they go. You back over 3.5, but due to a decent rear guard effort from the Palace players, the match ends 1-0 to Liverpool. Meaning your bet is a loser.
Under 3.5 Goals Examples
- Tottenham are playing Arsenal in the North London Derby, and you are expecting a tight match. Manchester United are at home to Manchester City, and you are expecting goals. With this in mind, you have a bet on Under 3.5. The match finishes 1-1, meaning your bet is a winner.
- Also playing that day are Watford and Chelsea. With the Hornets at home, you believe it might be tight, with Chelsea winning a tight match 1-0 or 2-1. So you back Unders.
The match ends up being an exciting 2-2 draw, meaning your Under 3.5 goals bet loses.
- Football Betting Systems
- Football Betting Tips
- Football Blog
- Matched Betting
- Online Betting and Gaming
Popular Football Betting Markets
- 90 Minutes Betting - this is betting on the Match Result market. This bet is also called 1x2, home/draw/away, or win/draw/win.
- Accumulator Bets - A football accumulator bet is a bet that consists of 4 or more teams in one single bet.
- Double Chance Betting - A bet on two outcomes in the same match. ie, a bet the home team to win and the draw.
- Half Time/Full Time Betting - Betting on the outcome of the match and half, and full time, ie, home team winning at half time, draw at full time.
- Match Odds and Both Teams To Score - What will the match outcome be, and will both teams score! ie, Arsenal to win, and both teams to score.
- First Goalscorer Betting - Who will score the first goal of the match. One of the original and most popular bets.
- Anytime Goalscorer Betting This is a bet on a player to score anytime in the 90 minutes of a match.
- Both Teams To Score Betting - If you think both teams will find the net, this bet is for you. Also a popular accumulator bet.
- Correct Score Betting - A bet on what you think the final score of a football match will be. ie, 0-0, or 2-2, or 4-1, etc
Over/Under 3.5 Goals FAQ
Over 3.5 goals means that 4 or more goals need to be scored in a match. The bet is based on 90 minutes only, so extra- time and penalties don’t count.
Under 3.5 goals means less than 4 goals scored in a match. Meaning matches with 0, 1, 2 or 3 goals scored, would be under 3.5 goals.
A bet on over 3.5 goals is a bet on there being 4 or more goals scored in a match.
A bet on Under 3.5 goals is a bet on there being less than 4 goals scored in a match. So the match could only have 0, 1, 2 or 3 goals scored in it for the bet to win.