Over Under 2.5 Goals Explained
It might be obvious to regular football gamblers, but to the causal gambler, a new starter, or a football fan just looking to have a couple of quid on a football bet, there can be a bit of confusion about just what the Over/Under 2.5 Goals market is.
Obviously you can’t have half (0.5) a goal in a match, so it’s not surprising that it’s a bit confusing to those not familiar with gambling terminology.
Football Betting Systems
- Assured Soccer Profits Trade the Correct Score market on the Betfair Betting Exchange (in-play) with Assured Soccer Profits (also known as ASP).
- Pre Match Trading – Make money before a ball is kicked using the Pre Match Trading (also known as PMT) software which spots misaligned odds.
- In-Play Trading Scanner – All the stats you need in one play for In-Play trading. Eliminate the need to have multiple windows open.
- Teams To Back Over 1.5 Goals – PDF Download and staking plan for teams whose matches regularly have 1.5 goals or more in.
- Accumulator Generator – Never lose another acca bet, and learn how to make money from Acca Insurance offers with Accumulator Generator.
What Does Under 2.5 Goals Mean? In order for Under 2.5 Goals to win, less than 3 goals have to be scored. This can be 0-0, 1-0, 0-1, 2-0, 0-2 or 1-1.
What Does Over 2.5 Goals Mean? In order for Over 2.5 Goals to win, 3 goals or more have to be scored in the match. This can be any number of goals, 2-1, 3-0, 6-0, anything, as long as 3 goals or more are scored. So, for example, 2-1 is Over 2.5 Goals.
The Over/Under 2.5 Goals market is a 90 minutes (plus injury time) only bet. This means extra-time in cup matches, etc, is not included. Bookmakers that specialise in football betting, offering odds on this market are…..
Best Bookmakers For Football Betting
- Bet365 – New Customers get a £200.00 Deposit Welcome Bonus. Offer plenty of football markets, as well 100% acca bonus and 0-0 bore draw insurance.
- Betfair – New Customers get £30.00 in free bets. Regular enhanced odds offers on football for all customers, and also have a betting exchange for trading football.
- Coral – New Customers get £20.00 in free bets Also offer enhanced odds on football for all customers, and have Super Acca Insurance with refunds if up to 3 teams let you down.
- Paddy Power – New Customers get £30.00 in free bets – Regular free bets for existing customers on live Premier League football, plus £50.00 acca insurance refund.
It is also one of the most popular betting markets in football. Part of the reason for this is because the odds are usually a fairly even spread, by this I mean it is usually a 50/50 bet, or as close to a 50/50 bet as you are likely to get.
A typically priced market with a bookmaker would see the odds like this….
Over 2.5 Goals – 5/6
Under 2.5 Goals – 5/6
Whereas on a betting exchange like Betfair (£30 Free Bet for new customers), it is more likely to be…..
Over 2.5 Goals – 2.00
Under 2.5 Goals – 1.99
Over Under Goals Explained