Matchweek 14 in the Premier League – Man Utd Vs Leeds (20/12/20), here our match preview looks ahead to the game and brings you the latest match odds with top prediction.
Man Utd Vs Leeds Betting Odds
- Man Utd 4/6 – The Draw 7/2 – Leeds 18/5
- Over 2.5 Goals 4/11 – Under 2.5 Goals 12/5
- Over 3.5 Goals 9/10 – Under 3.5 Goals EVS
- Both Teams To Score – Yes 2/5 – No 2/1
Match Preview – Brief Summary
- Manchester United FC Vs Leeds United FC is from Matchweek 14 in the Premier League – live match centre.
- The fixture is at Old Trafford Stadium, Manchester. Kick-Off is at 4.30pm on Sunday 20th December. Live TV coverage is provided by Sky Sports.
- Prior to the start of Matchweek 14, Man Utd sat 6th in the Premier League with 23 points from 12 matches.
- Despite constant criticism and speculation over this job, going into this weekend’s fixtures, United are 5 points behind leaders Liverpool with a game in hand.
- As the league stands (before he weekend’s fixtures), Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s side would go second in the league if they were to play and win their game in hand.
- Recent Premier League form for Man United is WDWWW. The only match they’ve not won in the last 5, was a 0-0 draw at home to Man City.
- At home this season, Manchester United’s form is pretty appalling. They have only 1 win from 6 at Old Trafford this season, drawing 2, and losing 3.
- Leeds United sit 13th in the table, with 17 points from their 13 matches.
- Despite leaking a lot of goals this season, most Leeds’ fans would be more than happy with how the season has gone so far.
- Leeds’ last 5 fixtures read WLLWD. Their most recent result was a 5-2 thrashing off Newcastle United at home in midweek.
- Away from Elland Road, Leeds have won 3, and lost 3.
Man Utd Vs Leeds Prediction 20/12/20
Like Spurs Vs Leicester beforehand, this looks like another interesting clash of styles.
United seem cautious and nervous at home. They like to sit back and hit teams on the counter-attack.
This is a style of play that they might get away with without spectators, but will they have to evolve when fans are eventually allowed back into Old Trafford.
Leeds like to play open and expansive football. Will they adapt this style at Old Trafford is the question?
If they don’t adapt, I see the Reds running out winners, as they will catch Leeds on the break. While if Leeds do sit in, they will no doubt frustrate Man Utd.
I’m basing my tip for this match on Bielsa’s ego. He likes to mix it with the big boys, and I believe he won’t adapt his style of play today and will give the Reds a run for their money.
I’m going against the grain here, and I think today could be the day the flood gates finally open at OT, so I’m going with Over 3.5 Goals at just under evens.