Luton Town vs Spurs Betting Tips: Unbeaten Spurs visit Kenilworth Road to take on Luton Town in the early Saturday fixture this weekend. Here we look ahead to the opening Premier League fixture of Gameweek eight and tell you what the best value bets are.
Luton vs Spurs Betting Odds
The two teams have completely different aspirations at different ends of the table. After picking up four points in two matches, Luton would have hoped for more when they faced Burnley at home last Tuesday. The 2-1 defeat must have been a devastating blow.
The best football betting sites make the Hatters the 17/10 second favourites to finish bottom of the table, and ⅕ to be relegated. Luton are 11/4 to avoid relegation.
Spurs are at the opposite end of the table. The club have had a magnificent start to the season under new head coach Ange Postecoglou and sits second in the table, unbeaten, on 17 points.
Spurs are 13/1 to win the Premier League and 1/1 to finish in the top four. In both markets, they are fourth favourites.
In the latest football betting odds on the match itself, Spurs are 4/11 to win. The draw is 4/1, with Luton Town at 6/1.
- Luton is 6/1 to win with William Hill
- The Draw is 19/5 with William Hill
- Spurs are 2/5 to win with William Hill
- Luton are 9/2 to win with 888Sport
- The draw is 5/2 with 888Sport
- Spurs are 4/11 to win with 888Sport
Luton vs Spurs Prediction
In their last outing, Luton Town lost 2-1 at home to Burnley. These are the games Luton needs to be winning if they are to have the slightest chance of staying up.
What would have made the loss all the more disappointing for Rob Edwards is that the Hatters had just started to get a mini run going. In their two matches before the defeat, the Hatters had won 2-1 away at Everton and drew 1-1 at home to Wolves.
As Tottenham, they are in a good place. Despite all the controversy surrounding their 2-1 win over Liverpool last Saturday, it was still a great win for Ange Postecoglou's team.
Spurs now sit second in the Premier League, just 1 point behind Manchester City. A win over Luton will see Spurs go top, and with City and Arsenal meeting tomorrow, victory would see
Spurs make ground on at least one of their main rivals.
Assuming they don't blow it. This should be a comfortable win for Tottenham.
Luton vs Spurs key stats
- A win for Luton would see Rob Edwards become the first Welsh manager to secure a Premier League victory over Spurs since Mark Hughes did with Stoke in 2015
- Luton have picked up just four points from their seven Premier League matches. They have a record of W1 D1 L5
- Under Ange Postecoglou, Spurs have made an unbeatable start to the season (W5 D3) in all competitions. They did go out of the League Cup on penalties
- Spurs have had more shots on goal than any other Premier League side this season. They have had 138 in total, at an average of 19.7 per match. This without Harry Kane
- Spurs have also scored at least twice in all seven of their Premier League matches this season. No new manager has ever seen his team score 2+ goals in his first eight matches in charge
Luton vs Spurs
- Location; Kenilworth Road, Luton, England
- Date; Saturday 7th October 2023
- Time; 3 pm BST
How to Watch Luton vs Spurs
- UK: TNT Sports (formally BT)
- USA: USA Network
Luton vs Spurs Betting Tips
Spurs over 2.5 Cards @ 23/20
Tottenham have collected over 3 or more cards in six out of their seven matches this season. This suggests they are learning the dark arts under Postecoglou, and maybe this is contributing towards their improved form.
A win over Luton may not require such measures, but at 23/20 it's well worth a shot.
Spurs win and over 2.5 goals @ 10/11
A win for Spurs looks the obvious bet and with the amount of shots they are having, and the fact that Luton has also scored in five of their seven Premier League matches, over 2.5 goals also looks worth the risk. Near even money for this bet looks like good value.