Matchweek 14 in the Premier League - Southampton Vs Man City (19/12/20), here our match preview looks ahead to the game and brings you the latest match odds with top prediction.
Best Football Betting Sites
Southampton Vs Man City Betting Odds
- Southampton 11/2 – The Draw 15/4 – Man City 40/85
- Over 2.5 Goals 8/13 – Under 2.5 Goals 29/20
- Over 3.5 Goals 8/5 – Under 3.5 Goals 11/20
- Both Teams To Score – Yes 7/10 – No 23/20
Match Preview – Brief Summary
- Southampton FC Vs Manchester City FC is from Matchweek 14 in the Premier League – live match centre.
- The fixture is at St Mary's Stadium, Southampton, with kick off at 3pm on Saturday 19th December. Live TV coverage is provided by Prime Video (Amazon).
- Southampton are currently 3rd in the Premier League table with 24 points from 13 matches, their recent form is DLWWD.
- The Saints most recent outing was a 1-1 draw away to Arsenal. Prior to that, they beat Sheffield United 3-0 at home, and won 2-1 away to Brighton with a late penalty.
- At home the Saints have won four, and lost two. The two defeats came at the hands of Spurs and Manchester United.
- Manchester City sit 9th in the Premier League, with 20 points from 12 matches.
- They are 8 points behind leaders Liverpool, with a game in hand.
- So far this season, City have only won 5 matches in the Premier League. They really are a side not yet firing on all cylinders.
- Recent Premier League form reads DDWWL. The recent draws were 1-1 at home to West Brom, and 0-0 away to Man Utd
- A couple of week's back they thrashed Burnley 5-0 at the Etihad, and looked like they have turned the corner.
- The two draws in their most recent fixtures have shown that to be a false dawn, as City have struggled to break Utd and West Brom down.
Southampton Vs Man City Prediction 19/12/20
The Saints two defeats at home have come to Spurs and Man Utd, showing that they can't quite mix it with the big boys, despite being 3rd in the Premier League.
They do have a great chance to claim a scalp of one of the big boys here though, as City look there for the taking.
That said, if the real City turn up at last, I feel it will be another defeat for Southampton. So that means I'm effectively having a bet on which Man City turns up.
The Saints have scored 25 goals this season, and conceded 18. They play an attacking brand of football, and I think that might just suit City.
I'm not confident enough to back City to win, but I do think there will be goals. Therefore I'm going with Over 2.5 Goals at 8/13.