Matchweek 14 in the Premier League starts with Crystal Palace Vs Liverpool (19/12/20), here our match preview looks ahead to the game and brings you the latest match odds with top prediction.
Crystal Palace Vs Liverpool Betting Odds
- Crystal Palace 9/2 – The Draw 16/5 – Liverpool 8/13
- Over 2.5 Goals 7/10 – Under 2.5 Goals 5/4
- Over 3.5 Goals 7/4 – Under 3.5 Goals 1/2
- Both Teams To Score – Yes 7/10 – No 23/20
Match Preview – Brief Summary
- Crystal Palace Vs Liverpool is the opening fixture of Matchweek 14 in the Premier League – live match centre.
- The match is at Selhurst Park, with kick off at 12.30pm on Saturday 19th December. Live TV coverage is provided by BT Sports.
- Crystal Palace sit 12th in the Premier League table with 18 points from 13 matches, their recent form is DDWLL.
- Despite only having one win in their last five fixtures, Roy Hodgson’s side are actually in decent form.
- Their three most recent results are a 1-1 draw away at West Ham, a 1-1 draw at home to Spurs, and a 5-1 win away at West Brom. Three pretty good performances and results.
- Prior to that, things weren’t to clever. The previous two matches were a 2-0 defeat at home to Newcastle, and a 1-0 win away at Burnley.
- Liverpool sit top of the Premier League table with 28 points from their 13 matches. They have a 3 points lead over second place Spurs.
- The Reds recent form is WDWDW, the three wins were at home, while the two draws, away.
- Yes, there is a theme starting to develop there. Away from home this season, Liverpool have played six, winning one, losing one (7-2 to Aston Villa), and drawing four. That’s a lot of dropped points for the bookies favourites to win the league.
- Contrast that to the Red’s home form, and it’s chalk and cheese. Klopp’s team have won seven from seven.
Crystal Palace Vs Liverpool Prediction 19/12/20
Liverpool are 8/13 to win away from home, how can we possible back that with just one win in six away from Anfield?
Play like they do at home, and it’s buying money, but where’s the evidence that’s about to happen?
I did think that Liverpool were pretty good against Spurs in the 2-1 win on Wednesday. Yes, they did give up a few chances, but Klopp’s team were excellent and kept on going.
If Liverpool are going to beat Crystal Palace, I can see it being by 2 or 3-1, therefore rather than go with Liverpool win, I’m going to back Over 2.5 Goals.
Similar odds to a Liverpool win, but I feel with Palace playing attacking football, and looking more of a goal threat, this bet looks to cover more bases.