Match 22 of the Indian Super League is Mumbai City Vs Chennaiyin (9/12/20), here our match preview looks ahead to the fixture and brings you the latest match odds and top prediction.
Match Preview - Brief Summary
- Mumbai City Vs Chennaiyin FC is Match 22 of the Indian Super League. The match is taking place at the GMC Stadium, Bambolim, with Kick-Off at 7.30pm (local time), which is 2pm in the UK.
- Three straight wins see Mumbai City sitting top of the Indian Super League on goal difference.
- Coach Sergio Lobera's team lost their opening fixture 1-0 to NorthEast United, but have bounced back with 3 straight wins - and without even conceding a goal.
- City's three wins have come against FC Goa (1-0), East Bengal (3-0), and Odisha (2-0). The win over Odisha was last Sunday, in which the Islanders had a n astonishing 73% possession. The only downside to that stat is that City only had 3 shots on target, to Odisha's 1.
- As for Chennaiyin, they've not really got going this season. Due to the uneven number of sides in the Indian Super League, Csaba Laszlo's side have only played 3 matches so far this season (one behind the majority of teams, including Mumbai). Of these 3 matches, they have won 1, lost 1, and drawn 1.
- The win was an impressive 2-1 victory over Jamshedpur in Match 5, Chennaiyin's opening ISL fixture.
- Since then they've drawn 0-0 with Kerala Blasters (Match 11), and lost 1-0 to Bengaluru in Match 16.
- The lack of goals for Chennaiyin, must be a worry for coach, Csaba Laszlo.
- Live Match Centre
Mumbai City Vs Chennaiyin Betting
- Mumbai City 11/10 – The Draw 9/4 – Chennaiyin 5/2
- Over 2.5 Goals EVS – Under 2.5 Goals 8/11
- Over 3.5 Goals 13/5 – Under 3.5 Goals 1/4
- Both Teams To Score – Yes 4/5 – No 10/11
Mumbai City Vs Chennaiyin Prediction 9/12/20
I am slightly surprised to see Mumbai at odds against, but then that could be down to the fact that we still haven't really seen Chennaiyin get going this season.
Maybe today, could be the day!
I'm not expecting a goals fest in this one either, although I thought that yesterday and the match ended 2-2!
So with no real gut feeling to go on, I'm having to look at the form for this fixture.
And the form says that Mumbai have won their last 3, while Chennaiyin haven't even scored since the 26th minute of their opening match.
My main reservation here though is that Chennaiyin are due to score and win!