Match 17 in the Indian Super League is NorthEast Utd Vs East Bengal (5/12/20), here our match preview looks ahead to the fixture and brings you the latest match odds and top prediction.
- NorthEast United Vs East Bengal is Match 17 in the Indian Super League.
- The match is being played at Tilak Maidan in Vasco, Goa, on Saturday evening (in India). The match kicks off at 7.30pm (IST), which is 2pm in the UK.
- NorthEast will go second in the ISL with a win. They currently sit in 5th place in the league, on 5 points. To date, NorthEast have won one and drawn two of their five fixtures.
- As for East Bengal, the season so far has been a struggle. They currently sit bottom of the league with no points. They have only played the two matches though (everyone else has played three matches).
- East Bengal haven't managed one goal in their two matches to date. So far they've lost 2-0 to ATK Mohun Bagan, and 3-0 to Mumbai City. In fairness, the two defeats have come against two of the stronger sides in the ISL.
- In their last match, NorthEast got played off the field by FC Goa. Gerard Nus' NorthEast side only had 24% of the possession, but remarkably still managed more shots on target in the teams' 1-1 draw.
- Prior to that NorthEast fought back from 2-0 down to claim a 2-2 against Kerala Blasters. Their opening match, and solitary win was a 1-0 victory over Mumbai City, courtesy of a Kwesi Appiah penalty.
- There is no head-to-head analysis for this match, as it will be the first ever fixture between these two teams.
- Free Football Betting Tips and Predictions
- No surprises to see that the bookmakers have NorthEast as favourites, although I am a sceptical given Bengal's opponents so far this season, and United's lack of possession in their last match.
NorthEast Utd Vs East Bengal Odds
- NorthEast Utd 13/10 – The Draw 21/10 – East Bengal 2/1
- Over 2.5 Goals 11/10 – Under 2.5 Goals 13/20
- Over 3.5 Goals 14/5 – Under 3.5 Goals 2/9
- Both Teams To Score – Yes 4/5 – No 10/11
NorthEast Utd Vs East Bengal Prediction 5/12/20
Personally I believe the form guide for this match is slightly misleading. I understand why NorthEast are favourites, but they are lukewarm favourites for me.
With this in mind, I'm going for East Bengal in the Draw No Bet market, this gives us a money back option.
Bengal are 6/5 in Draw No Bet, and with money back if it's a draw, I think this looks the more value bet. If not a totally convincing one!