MatchDay 5 in the Europa League sees LASK Vs Spurs (3/12/20), and with Mourinho's men on the verge of qualification, here's my match prediction.
Best Football Betting Sites
Brief Match Summary
- This is MatchDay 5 of the Europa League. LASK Vs Spurs kicks off at 5.55pm, and the match is live on BT Sports. The fixture is being played at Stadion der Stadt Linz, in Austria.
- LASK currently sit third in Group J, on 6 points from their 4 matches. The Austrians have won 2, and lost 2 of their fixtures. The wins came at home to Ludogorets on MatchDay 2 (4-3), and away at Antwerp (1-0) on MatchDay 3. Defeats have been 3-0 away to Spurs (MatchDay 1), and 2-0 at home to Antwerp on MatchDay 4.
- Spurs are second in the table with 9 points, they have won three and lost one. The three wins were over LASK (3-0), and Lodogorets (3-1 and 4-0). Their only defeat was a 1-0 reversal away to Antwerp.
- Domestically, LASK are WDWWW. While Spurs are DWWWW (last result is listed first).
- LASK Vs Spurs Match Centre
- Not surprisingly, Spurs are favourites in the betting. Odds of just 8/15 away from home suggests there's only going to be one winner in this one.
LASK Vs Spurs Betting
- LASK 9/2 – The Draw 10/3 – Spurs 8/15
- Over 2.5 Goals 8/13 – Under 2.5 Goals 6/5
- Over 3.5 Goals 13/8 – Under 3.5 Goals 4/9
- Both Teams To Score – Yes 8/11– No 21/20
LASK Vs Spurs Preview
The Austrian side currently sit second in the Austrian Bundesliga with 20 points from 9 matches.
They've far from disgraced themselves in the Europa League as well, and the 3-0 defeat to Spurs in London on MatchDay 1 is really the only time they've been taken to task.
After losing to Antwerp on MatchDay 4 though, this really is last chance saloon for the Austrians if they wish to remain in the tournament post Christmas.
As much as I don't like admitting this, I believe Mourinho has rotated his squad brilliantly between the Premier League and the Europa League.
He will clearly have one eye on the North London Derby this Sunday, when he finalises his team for LASK. And due to Spurs' aberration away at Antwerp (they lost 1-0) on MatchDay 2, Mourinho still has to make sure Spurs don't slip up today.
I still think Spurs will win this one and qualify for the next stage with a match to spare.
Even with sqaud rotation, Mourinho can still call on the likes of Gareth Bale, Carlos Vinicius and Lucas Moura.
Which is quite a scary thought for the rest of the Europa League sides, and Spurs' Premier League rivals.
LASK Vs Spurs Prediction 3/12/20
Spurs at -1 on the Handicap is a large looking 6/4, I know that means they need to win 2-0, or 3-1, etc, but I believe Spurs can achieve that.
Spurs three wins in the Europa League this season have been 3-0, 3-1, and 4-0. Any repeat of those score lines tonight, and that will be enough to bring in the 6/4.