The latest betting for the 2020/21 Champions League sees holders Bayern Munich and Manchester City as joint favourites following the group stage draw in Nyon on Thursday (1st October).
The stand out headline from the draw is the prospect of seeing Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi go head-to-head for the first time ever at the group stages. The pair’s respective club sides, Juventus and Barcelona have been drawn together in Group G.
2020/21 Champions League Group Stage Draw
- Group A: Bayern Munich, Atletico Madrid, Red Bull Salzburg, Lokomotiv Moscow
- Group B: Real Madrid, Shakhtar Donetsk, Inter Milan, Borussia Monchengladbach
- Group C: Porto, Man City, Olympiacos, Marseille
- Group D: Liverpool, Ajax, Atalanta, Midtjylland
- Group E: Sevilla, Chelsea, Krasnodar, Rennes
- Group F: Zenit, Dortmund, Lazio, Club Brugge
- Group G: Juventus, Barcelona, Dynamo Kiev, Ferencvaros
- Group H: PSG, Manchester United, RB Leipzig, Istanbul Basaksehir
Champions League Outright Winner Betting
Fresh from their first ever final, PSG are fourth in the betting at 10/1. Then come the two Spanish giants, with Real Madrid at 11/1, and Barcelona at 14/1. Italian champions Juventus, are also a 14/1 shot.
It’s hard to see a winner coming from outside of the first 7 in the betting. The likes of Chelsea and Borussia Dortmund have plenty of talent in their ranks, but it’s hard to see them going all the way.
Of the outsiders, the only team it’s hard to write off is Diego Simeone’s Atletico Madrid. They are a stubborn outfit, who on their day can grind out a result.
Fixture Dates still to be confirmed
The group stage fixtures will start this season on Tuesday 20th October, and will be completed by early December. The draw for the Round of 16 will then take place on 14th December.
The two starts have never met in the group stages.
With the two players having played together in Spain for many years, it was never possible as sides from the same domestic league’s can’t be drawn together in the same groups.