Football Betting Predictions – Man Utd V Chelsea. I can’t decide whether this match has come too early in the season, or if I should be excited about such a mouth watering fixture on the opening weekend of the season.
Ole’s United team with it’s exciting new signings, up against Frank Lampard’s improvised Chelsea team with no help from the transfer market.
Don’t get me wrong when I say improvised, as it might be one of the best thing to have happened to Chelsea. All of a sudden, the Blues have to play the likes of Tammy Abraham, and can call on the resources of the previously loaned out Kurt Zouma.
Despite the transfer ban, being able to bring back the likes of Abraham and Zouma should lesser the blow. Yes, it would be nice to be able to go out and buy a replacement for the departed Eden Hazard, but with that not possible, Chelsea will have to make do.
It will also open the door to exciting youngsters like Callum Hudson-Odoi. It’s such a shame that the young winger got injured at the end of last season, especially after making the breakthrough into Gareth Southgate’s England squad.
And what of Man United? Well I believe they’ve made some decent signings. Adding Harry Maguire and Aaron Wan-Bissaka will have shored them up at the back.
Whatever anybody thinks of Maguire’s price, and yes I agree, it’s overpriced, he will improve their defence. And in a similar way to Rio Ferdinand back in the day, will be worth the money in the long run.
Ole Gunnar Solskjær’s other major signing in the summer is speed merchant Daniel James, bought from Swansea City. It remains to be seen if James will start this weekend, but he is one to look out for, for the future.
Man Utd V Chelsea Football Betting Predictions
Man Utd – 11/10
Draw – 9/4
Chelsea – 13/5
- The bookies are make Man Utd favourites, but judging by the odds that looks solely down to the fact the Red Devils are at home.
- Despite both teams looking a bit of unknown quantities and United shoring up the back, I struggle to see clean sheets here.
- Judging by his time at Derby, I expect Chelsea to play open attacking football under Lampard. This should lead to chances at both ends of the field.
Football Betting Predictions
– Match Outcome – Too hard to call, so looking at the draw today.
– Value Tip – Both teams to score looks a good shout today, it’s at 4/5 with some bookies. Also, I’m going to have a small nibble at a bit of 2-2.