Man City are favourites, but what chance Chelsea upsetting the odds and winning the 2019 Premier League.
It's already been well stated by a lot of pundits that we might as well give Manchester City this year's Premier League title, and it's a fairly easy and obvious prediction to make.
We all know that football isn't like that though. City have suffered an injury blow to Kevin De Bruyne, dropped points at the weekend too newly promoted Wolves, and who knows what fate lies ahead for Pep's team.
I do believe that they will throw a lot more resources into the Champions League this season, and certainly won't match last seasons 100 points total.
So which team is a good alternative to bet on, if you think that Manchester City at 4/6 are too short? A lot of pundits and punters seem to think it is Liverpool, but I believe Chelsea to be the better value.
Jurgen Klopp's Liverpool are second in the betting at 11/4. Most followers are impressed with the transfer business done by the red half of Merseyside over the summer, and it's easy to see why.
I personally don't see Liverpool as great value to win the Premier League at 11/4.
Chelsea look far better value to me at 12/1 with Betway, not just because they have won their first three matches in the league this season (as have Liverpool), but for a number of reasons as listed below.
5 Reasons Why Chelsea Look Better Value For 2019 Premier League
1) Eden Hazard Looks Back In The Mood - Just like 2 season ago the Belgian maestro looks up for it this season, and looks to have his mojo back. Whatever the reason, playing for a more to Real Madrid next summer, or he just loves playing for his new manager, Hazard is starting to look near his best again, and that spells danger for the rest of the Premier League.
2) Recent Pedigree - Chelsea got 93 points two seasons ago in the 2016/17 season. The majority of the same players are still at the club, and know how to win a league title. Liverpool managed 75 last season.
3) No Champions League Distractions - Like in the 2016/17 season when Chelsea were successful, they didn't have the distraction of the Champions League.
4) Game Changing Strength In Depth - A quick glance at the Chelsea bench yesterday showed Willian, Ruben Loftus-Cheek, Ross Barkley, and world cup winner Olivier Giroud, sitting there twiddling their thumbs. All of whom have the ability to change a game.
5) N'Golo Kante - The French international (now a world cup winner) has won two of the last three Premier League titles (one with Leicester City and one with Chelsea). Whether he is a lucky charm I don't know, but silverware has a bad habit of following him around.
Both Teams Are Week In The Goalkeeping Department
Like Liverpool, Chelsea have big question marks over their goalkeeper. Both Kepa at Chelsea and Alisson at Liverpool are unproven in this league.
And as David de Gea discovered when he first arrived, it can be a baptism of fire if you don't get things right early on.
The battle of the two goalkeepers could go a long way to deciding who emerges as the main rival to City. It will be very interesting to see who comes out on top, and how both handle their first big mistakes.
I'm not suggesting that I think Chelsea will win the title this year, as I also can't see past City.
I just think - at the moment - that they represent a better value alternative bet to Liverpool.
Free Football Betting Tips And Predictions
When it comes to football, there is nothing better than making a few quid from a football bet. This is why we have a dedicated section on this website of free football betting tips and predictions.
Our specialist subjects are the popular Premier League matches, and over/under goals betting. And the best bit about these tips and predictions, is that they are 100% free.
Yes, you can pay for football betting tips, but here at football gambler, we like to keep our football betting tips and predictions free. And we fully intend to keep it this way. Markets we like to offer tips in are as follows -
- Premier League Tips - every week we offer our predictions on the win/draw/win market on a selection of Premier League matches.
- Over/Under 2.5 Goals Tips - one of the most popular football betting markets, and great for single bets, and accumulator bets.
- Over 5.5 Goals Predictions - much harder to predict, but winning bets on this market are very lucrative. More for small stakes bets.
We like to think that in offering these different markets for our free football tips and predictions covers most bases. This ensures there is something for everyone.
Watch the latest Premier League goals and highlights right here.......
Football Betting Systems
We also look to bring you the best football betting systems that work. Proven football betting systems that have stood the test of time.
It's not just free football tips that you can make money from, you can also do it from football betting systems that work.
For example, there is Pre Match Trading. This is a football betting system that works, showing you how to make money trading price changes on the Betfair Exchange before a ball is even kicked.
Another proven way to profit from football betting is by using the free bets you can get from acca insurance offers. The accumulator Generator system exposes this. It shows you how to break even on your acca bet. You then profit from the free bets you get if your acca misses by one.
These are just a couple of examples, you will find plenty more like these on our football betting systems page. With the massive variation in football betting systems on this page, there should be something there for everybody.
Decent football betting systems can be difficult to find, there is just so much choice. Do you want football trading systems, a tried and tested betting formula, or simply just football betting tips. You really do need to do your research.