Man City the big winners in the Champions League draw
I think it would be fair to say that the big winners from today’s Champions League, Round of 16 draw, are the Premier League leaders, Manchester City.
In Champions League betting prior to the draw, French league leaders PSG were the favourites, that has now all changed after they drew holders, and previous third favourites, Real Madrid, in the tie of the round. While Pep’s City drew Basel, a match they are expected to comfortably win.
Round of 16 Draw In Full
- Juventus v Tottenham Hotspur – 13 February & 7 March
- Basel v Manchester City – 13 February & 7 March
- Porto V Liverpool – 14 February & 6 March
- Real Madrid v PSG – 14 February & 6 March
- Chelsea v Barcelona – 20 February & 14 March
- Bayern Munich v Beşiktaş – 20 February & 14 March
- Sevilla v Manchester United – 21 February & 13 March
- Shakhtar Done V Roma – 21 February & 13 March
With one of the main favourites set to go out in the next round, this has resulted in Manchester City being installed as 16/5 favourites with Betfair to lift their first ever Champions League trophy.
Bayern Munich are next in the betting at 4/1, with PSG at 5/1, and the two Spanish giants both at 15/2.