With the new Premier League season due to begin, it’s a good time to look at the best ACCA Insurance deals and promotions being offered by the leading UK online sports betting sites.
The quality and specific details of the deals vary, but most operate largely along the same lines: if you have a 4- or 5-fold (or more) acca bet and one leg lets you down, you get your stake returned in the form of bonus bets. To find out more, Playright’s football picks features UK bookmakers which offer a range of Acca Insurance deals on the Premier League and other major football competitions.
Some of the best value Acca Insurance promotions for the start of the new Premier League season include:
On a 5-leg+ accumulator on selected football matches with BetFred (minimum odds of 1/3 per leg), you get your stake back in bonus bets (up to £10) if one leg lets you down.
At Bet Victor, you get Acca Insurance on any 5-leg+ accumulator football bet (Match Betting or Both Teams to Score) with combined odds of 4/1 or more, and so if one leg fails to come in, you get your stake back to use for another acca bet (up to the value of £10).
At Ladbrokes, if one leg of a 5-fold+ accumulator on selected football matches lets you down, you can claim your stake back up to the value of £25 in bonus bets. This applies to acca bets on match results only.
On a 5-leg+ straight Win-Draw-Win accumulator at Sportingbet, if one leg fails to come in you get your stake back up to the value of £25 to use as a free bonus bet. There are no minimum odds and no restrictions as to the leagues you can bet on, and this offer applies both to pre-match and in-play bets.
All of these sites ACCA insurance promos offer similar minimum odds 3/1 or 4/1 with a maximum stake back up to £25, so it’s a case of choosing a bookmaker you have an account at or like the look of.
Acca Insurance (also known as Money Back) does allow the punter to be a bit more adventurous when it comes to combination bets, and the introduction of this feature has actually changed many punters’ approach to accas.
Although the lure of bigger odds can make it tempting to include an outsider or two in any multiple bet, the cautious punter has previously been wary of doing this because if your roughie doesn’t come in, then your whole bet is gone. Acca Insurance does, however, mean that you have a little more flexibility in this regard, and so it becomes viable in a 5-fold acca to include 4 ‘anchors’ (bets you’re pretty confident about), with one outsider, knowing that if the long shot lets you down, you can still salvage something. A popular alternative approach is to take out a 4-fold acca that includes all your anchors, plus another 5-leg bet using the same anchors but with an outsider also included. In this way, Acca Insurance enables punters to be a little more adventurous in how they approach accumulator betting.
For the more dedicated punter who has time to study a variety of football leagues from around the world, the acca bet across competitions can offer some excellent value. If you look at the fixtures on any given weekend across the whole range of leagues available, there are always going to be a couple of matches in each where there is a stand-out favourite. Therefore, looking beyond the Premier League or Championship can be a fruitful approach to accumulator betting because, as there are a greater number of matches with viable favourites to bet on, you can avoid the common dilemma of the last leg in your acca just being a bet for the sake of it.
Likewise, remember that accumulator bets don’t necessarily have to be made up entirely of outright results; you can generally combine different bets in your acca, such as both Match Result and Both Teams To Score (BTTS).
However, although the greater odds make it tempting, as a general rule try to avoid accumulator bets consisting of more than 4 or 5 legs. Occasionally, it can be worth a flutter to go for a greater number of folds, such as in some of these famous sports bets, but keeping the number of legs to a manageable level naturally increases your chances of success.
Similarly, because the odds against are so great, readjust your wagers when it comes to multi-leg bets, even with Acca Insurance. It doesn’t make sense to wager the same amount on an acca as you would on a single bet — the odds just don’t stack up.
ACCA Insurance Trends
As with any online betting offer, there are rules, exceptions and fine print, so it always pays to read the T&Cs with regard to any Acca Insurance offer so you know precisely what is and what isn’t included, plus any other restrictions.
Below is a list of some of the conditions typically applied to Acca Insurance bets (although the list is not exhaustive):
• With some Acca Insurance bets, you are free to bet on any match in any league, while with other offers the deal will only apply to certain leagues, and in some cases only to selected matches.
• Although there are exceptions, with most Acca Insurance bets there will either be minimum odds applied to each leg in order for the bet to qualify, or cumulative odds over all the legs.
• If you’ve already taken advantage of a Cash Out feature, then your bet will no longer qualify for Acca Insurance.
• In almost all cases, with an Acca Insurance bet you get Money Back which must be used for free bets and so is non-cashable.
• With some Acca Insurance offers, you can bet pre-event or in-play, while with others, only bets made before a match kicks off will qualify.
• With every Acca Insurance offer, there will be a maximum amount of Cash Back you can receive. This varies, but will be generally be between £10 – £25.
• There will be a time limit on the availability of any free bonus bets you’re awarded, and this will almost always be 7 days.
• If you use your free bets to place another acca, this new bet won’t qualify for Acca Insurance.
• In some cases, your free bets can only be used to make another acca bet; however, with some Acca Insurance offers, you can use your Money Back bonus for any type of bet.
• Some sports books require that any bonus bet amount awarded be used as a single bet, while others will allow you to use it to make multiple bets.